Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #37: Wanderlove

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Wanderlove
By: Kirsten Hubbard
Release Date: March 13, 2012

"It all begins with a stupid question: Are you a Global Vagabond? No, but 18-year-old Bria Sandoval wants to be. In a quest for independence, her neglected art, and no-strings-attached hookups, she signs up for a guided tour of Central America—the wrong one. Middle-aged tourists with fanny packs are hardly the key to self-rediscovery. When Bria meets Rowan, devoted backpacker and dive instructor, and his outspokenly humanitarian sister Starling, she seizes the chance to ditch her group and join them off the beaten path. Bria's a good girl trying to go bad. Rowan's a bad boy trying to stay good. As they travel across a panorama of Mayan villages, remote Belizean islands, and hostels plagued with jungle beasties, they discover what they've got in common: both seek to leave behind the old versions of themselves. And the secret to escaping the past, Rowan’s found, is to keep moving forward. But Bria comes to realize she can't run forever, no matter what Rowan says. If she ever wants the courage to fall for someone worthwhile, she has to start looking back. Kirsten Hubbard lends her artistry into this ultimate backpacker novel, weaving her drawings into the text. Her career as a travel writer and her experiences as a real-life vagabond backpacking Central America are deeply seeded in this inspiring story." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'm excited for Wanderlove because the summary sounds really good and definitely like my kind of book.

20 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to read this one on NetGalley and it was absolutely amazing! I really hope you enjoy it! One of my favourites!

    Check out my WoW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Netgalley and saw it on a few past WOWs, good choice. Click on my name to see my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard sooo many good things about this book that I'm excited to get my hands on it, too. On a shallow note, I also love the name Rowan, hah. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Like Mandarin so I really can't wait for this to come out! Great pick :)

    Check out my Waiting On Wednesday picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for this!
    New follower :)

    Claire
    http://clairelouisereads.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard really good things about this, but I'm still unsure whether it might be the right book for me. I'm intrigued by the summary, but at the same time it's not my usual kind of read. :D Maybe I'll pick it up, but I hope that you'll enjoy it once you get to read it! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally thought this one was already out!! WHAT THE HECK! I love the cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to request this from NetGalley but I decided not to in the end because I have so many other books to read. It sounds really good though and I've been seeing some really positive reviews!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also looking forward to reading this one. :) It sounds so good. Great pick!

    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds like a good choice, enjoy!

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

      Delete
  10. I've been seeing this one around! I've also seen a lot of positive reviews! One blogger that I stalk said that it's is the best Contemporary book that they have ever read. I hope you like!


    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good! It really sounds like something that I would enjoy too. Fantastic choice!

    Stephanie

    Please visit my WOW Post & if you haven’t already, enter my International Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds truly amazing and like something I would love. Great pick!

    Kelly @ Dandelion Dreams
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a good road-trip-kinda book!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wanderlove sounds fantastic. :) I love well-done contemps, and I've heard really good things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been wanting to check this book out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. I keep hearing really great things about Wanderlove. I'll definitely be checking it out.

    Melissa @ SheShines.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh this looks really cute I've had my eye on it as well! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES! I have been waiting for this book for SO long, i keep hearing great things and it makes the waiting so much harder. Can we just fast forward a month please!?

    Great pick!
    Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really do appreciate every single comment. :)