Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #36: Glitch

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Glitch
By: Heather Anastasiu
Release Date: August 7, 2012

"In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network. When Zoe starts to malfunction (or "glitch"), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers. As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I am excited for Glitch because I love dystopian future books and this sounds really interesting.

15 comments:

  1. This one definitely sounds interesting and I like the cover a lot as well. I can't wait until this one comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just one of the many books I am DYING to just read this year. 2012's got a ton of great books coming out and I am so excited for a lot of them. Great pick :)

    Check out our WoW picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover, but the title sounds so weird to me.. I think, maybe because I'm from Germany? "Glitsch" is .. icky stuff. *grin*

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the book cover for 'Glitch' and the blurb does make it sound like a good dystopian read as well. Thanks for sharing your WoW book :) Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Blog - Waiting On Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely waiting for this one too! The cover is so gorgeous!

    MY WoW
    CHECK OUT OUR GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like an interesting book! The cover is stunning as well :)

    My Wow for this week. :)

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks really interesting. Like a mix between The Matrix and Equilibrium (films)! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds really good. I love a good sci-fi read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one does sound like a great sci-fi/dystopian read. I hope that it lives up to your expectations once you read it.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so good! I love the cover and it was actually my wow a few weeks ago too! :D

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omgggg this one does sound so good!!! I'm really excited for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm Glitch sounds kind of creepy... But creepy in a good way. A lot of dystopians around today :o

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sound of this one! The cover is gorgeous, and it just sounds amazingly unique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait for this one too! I was planning to feature this on an umcoming WoW lol Thanks for sharing!

    MaryAnn
    My pick for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're so similar, Traci! I love dystopian future books too and I think that this book sounds really interesting as well! :) Plus, the colours on this cover cover are just so darn pretty and I really need to catch up on some cool sci-fi themed books, so this novel is a definite must-read!

    Awesome pick for your WOW this week, Traci! I'll be waiting on this one with you for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really do appreciate every single comment. :)