Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #35: The Golden Lily

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2)
By: Richelle Mead
Release Date: June 19, 2012

"The second thrilling installment in Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy spinoff series. Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students—children of the wealthy and powerful—carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought." (Summary from goodreads.com)
I am excited for The Golden Lily because I loved Bloodlines and can't wait to read what will happen next. I loved The Vampire Academy series and was a bit worried I wouldn't love Bloodlines as much but I definitely did.

16 comments:

  1. Every time I see a mention of VA/Bloodlines, my immediate reaction is to say "Adriaaaaaan!" in a sing song voice. Weird? Probably. But I'm seriously excited to get the next book in the series too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge VA fan! I really loved it!
    I haven't started reading this though but I will soon.
    Great pick!

    @BOOK WHALES
    MY WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW!! What a beautiful cover! I like the sounds of it! Love the Vampire Academy series!!! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm gonna get pummeled for not having read the VA series yet. *Hides*
    But I love your pick and I'm gonna give those books some love. ;)

    Here are my WoW picks for 2 weeks (this week and the last):

    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/waiting-on-wednesday-12/
    and
    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/waiting-on-wednesday-13/

    - Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bah, I haven't read the first one yet. Looks good!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Bloodlines (and the rest of the VA books) somewhere in my shelves and I think I need to read them all before this one comes out. Great pick! :)

    Check out my WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to this one too. I love Adrian! I hope I like Sydney more in this one though. I haven't totally warmed to her as a character yet. I guess Rose is a hard act to follow!

    Here’s my WoW pick if you’d like to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally cannot wait for the Golden Lily! I'm so excited for it. Great choice :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a big VA fan but even a bigger Bloodlines fan! I loved it so much! And I can't wait for this book, too! I need more Sydney, Adrian and Eddie in my life, haha! Like asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the first in the series and still have to read it. Guess I need to get on it. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read about this last week--definitely looks like a juicy read.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good, enjoy!

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday.html

      Delete
  12. I think I'm putting off reading this series because I'm worried that I won't like it like the VA series as well.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I might be one of the last people ever, but I have never read any of Richelle Mead's books! I'm so behind..lol but yes this is a great pick!

    ------
    Giselle @ booknerd.ca
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I still have to read Bloodlines! I have to get to that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been on a vampire book hiatus since so many of the recent ones I tried let me down, but people keep recommending Richelle Mead's books to bring me back - and I think I might have to give it a try!

    New follower :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really do appreciate every single comment. :)