Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Graffiti Moon
By: Cath Crowley
Released: February 14, 2012
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Cath Crowley's Graffiti Moon is the story of Lucy who has just completed her senior year. Her plan for the night is to find Shadow, the graffiti artist who Lucy is sure she will fall in love with when she meets him. However, Lucy ends up searching for Shadow with Ed, who she once shared an awkward date with.

I really enjoyed Graffiti Moon and finished it in one sitting. I love how the chapters alternate between Lucy, Ed, and Poet. Lucy just finished her senior year and she is determined to find the graffiti artist Shadow. She greatly admires his work and believes that he is the type of guy she can fall in love with. Lucy is an artist as well and she works in a shop blowing glass. She is a feisty character and does lack some sensitivity.


Ed dropped out of school and works hard to help out his mother. He once went on a date with Lucy but it turned into an awkward disaster and they managed to avoid each other until the night marking the end of her senior year. I really enjoyed how as the night progresses, Lucy and Ed get to know each other much better. Poet is Shadows partner and creates the titles for Shadows work. I especially loved Poet's chapters because they were written as poetry.


The plot moves quickly and takes place over the span of one day. It is a sweet story but at the same time it still deals with some heavy issues such as family hardships. I really enjoyed Crowley's writing style. Shadow's art work is described in such vivid detail that I could picture it. I also liked the alternating chapters because it provided a deeper insight into each character. Although the next chapter did tend to repeat what just happened at the end of the previous chapter but it was from a different characters perspective. Overall I really enjoyed going on this fun adventure with Lucy and strongly recommend Graffiti Moon.


My Rating:

10 comments:

  1. oh, what a lovely review! I've heard such great things about this book that I'm wondering how I haven't heard of it until now! I must have had my head stuck in some sand or something... :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashelynn! I totally had my head stuck in the sand too. I stumbled upon it by accident on goodreads a few weeks ago and the synopsis and cover just caught my eye.

      Delete
  2. So many people have been talking about this one and I can't wait to read it. I'm glad you liked the story but it does sound like it has some minor flaws.

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous review! I've wanted this one for so long. I have honestly not seen a single negative review for it (I'm sure they're out there, but I have not spied them as of yet).

    Giveaway: Paperback copy of Terrier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I forgot to mention that the poetry part makes me ridiculously excited. That just sounds very, very awesome.)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lexie! I haven't seen anything negative at all about this book either. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I've got this ebook on my electonic shelves ;)
    I'm glad to know that you enjoyed this novel because I think it'll be my next read!

    PS: I've got a giveaway that ends March 14th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I've been waiting for this book for months now and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review! I loved this book as well. I agree that Poet's parts were really, really good. I loved that it was in poems! And I love the way Lucy and Ed slowly got to know each other. One of my favourite books of all time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)