Monday, February 6, 2012

Fracture by Megan Miranda

Fracture
By: Megan Miranda
Released: January 17, 2012
Source: Purchased E-Book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine—despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it? Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Megan Miranda's Fracture is the story of Delaney who should have died the day she fell into the frozen lake. She was in the water for eleven minutes before her best friend Decker pulled her out. Although Delaney made a miraculous recovery, she can't ignore the strange sensations that lead her to the dying. She soon meets Troy who also understands her pull towards the dying.

I loved Fracture and read this book in one sitting. I loved that the characters in this book weren't perfect and each one had their own personal issues. However, they were characters who I found I could understand and relate to. Delaney shouldn't have survived the accident at the lake but she makes a quick recovery. Despite the scans that show brain damage, Delaney is physically fine. Delaney's family just want everything to go back to normal but she has these strange urges which lead her to the dying. Her new gift is definitely creepy and strange. Delaney is an interesting character who, before the accident, was a good student and daughter. However, her life completely changes and she finds it hard to pretend that everything is normal again.

Decker is Delaney's best friend and neighbor. He is also the one who saved Delaney from the lake that day. However, their relationship which was already a bit strained only continues to grow more complicated. Then there is Troy who Delaney meets and learns that he also shares her strange urge to seek out the dying. Troy was definitely a mysterious and complex character to say the least.

Fracture is well paced and filled with unexpected twists. I loved that the story picks up immediately. The suspense definitely kept me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next. I have so many mixed emotions about the ending still. I completely loved it but at the same time I still have some questions lingering. I know one thing for sure though is that I will definitely be looking forward to what Miranda will write next. I strongly recommend Fracture, it is a creepy, thrilling, and captivating story.

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read this one..excellent review *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad to hear you liked this one. I've heard nothing but good things about this! I am going to have to really move it up my TBR list. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Yay happy to hear you are moving it up on your list. I hope you love it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)