Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
By: Jennifer E. Smith
Released: January 2, 2012
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A. Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Jennifer E. Smith's The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is the story of Hadley and Oliver and takes place over the span of one day. Hadley is heading to London for her father's wedding. Hadley hasn't even met her soon to be step-mom yet. While waiting for the next flight after missing her first one, Hadley meets Oliver. He will be sitting in the same aisle as her on the flight.  

I loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight from the first moment I picked up this book. I read it all in one sitting because I couldn't put this book down. Now though I kind of wished I took my time reading it because I don't want it to be over. Although this book only takes place over the span of one day, the characters are strongly developed and well written. Hadley is a relatable character who learns a lot on this trip. Hadley is flying to London for her father's wedding and she is still kind of bitter from her parents divorce. She feels as though her father abandoned her.

Oliver is flying back home to London because he is attending school in America. I immediately fell in love with Oliver. First he is British and second he is so sweet and funny. I loved how the relationship between Hadley and Oliver develops over such a short period of time. I especially loved the conversations they shared while getting to know each other.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight made me smile, laugh, and even broke my heart at times. The plot is fast paced and is so much more than just a love story. Although it takes place over the span of one day, it never feels slow or as though it is dragging on. I really enjoyed the setting from the airplane to the streets of London. I loved the ending and I am definitely planning on rereading it again soon. I have been anxiously awaiting this book for months and it was even better than what I expected. I highly recommend The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight! I also must add how much I love this cover. It is on my list as one of my top favorite book covers of 2012.

My Rating:
 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I'm excited for this one too!! It looks so cute :))

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has been giving this book great reviews! I don't know why I haven't picked it up yet. I think I will be adding this to my list. It sounds so adorable. Great review!!

    Andrea
    Cozy Up With A Good Read

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)