Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Incarnate
By: Jodi Meadows
Released: January 31, 2012
Source: ARC from Once Upon A Twilight Book Tour
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"NEWSOUL: Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.
NOSOUL: Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?
HEART: Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Jodi Meadow's Incarnate is the story of Ana who is a new soul or as her mother calls her, a nosoul. Ana is the first new soul in thousands of years that has appeared in Range. Everyone around her has been reincarnated over and over again for centuries. When Ana appeared though another soul disappeared. Ana travels to the city of Heart in search of some answers about her existence. However while on her journey, Ana meets Sam and he doesn't believe that she is a nosoul.

I loved Incarnate and finished this book in one sitting. Incarnate is a well written and exciting story with strongly developed characters that I immediately fell in love with. Ana is the new soul and grew up separated from everyone else. My heart completely broke for Ana, especially when I would read about her upbringing with Li. However, Ana is tough, smart, and brave. She values life much more than anyone else around her because she doesn't know if she will be reincarnated once she dies.

Sam has been reincarnated for thousands of years. He doesn't treat Ana like she is a nosoul though or that it is her fault that another soul disappeared when she was born. Sam is sweet and gentle but also a bit of a mystery in the beginning. I love the relationship that grows between Ana and Sam. I also love the way that they can share music together. Then there are Sam's friends who I loved as well, especially Stef.

I have been looking forward to Incarnate for months and it was even better than I could have ever expected. Not only are there great characters, but the plot flows easily from one page to the next. Incarnate combines dragons, sylphs, and reincarnation to make an exciting and interesting plot. I absolutely love the fascinating world that Meadows creates. There were several unexpected surprises throughout the story, especially the ending. I loved it but at the same time I didn't want this book to ever end. I can easily say that Incarnate has become one of my favorite books of 2012 and I can't wait to reread it again soon. I will be highly anticipating the sequel to Incarnate because I can't wait to not only find out what will happen next, but to also read more about this world. I strongly recommend Incarnate, it is a captivating fantasy and excellent start to what will sure be an amazing series!

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting this one today and I am really excited!! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG THIS BOOK OWNS MY HEART!!! I seriously love this one SO MUCH!!! I AM SO HAPPY YOU LOVED IT TOO!!!!! AHHHHH OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really do appreciate every single comment. :)