Monday, January 16, 2012

Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

Carrier of the Mark
By: Leigh Fallon
Released: October 4, 2011
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"From the moment she sets foot at her new school in Ireland, Megan is inexplicably drawn to the darkly handsome Adam DeRis. But Megan soon discovers that her feelings for Adam are tied to a supernatural fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that unites them could be their ultimate destruction." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Leigh Fallon's Carrier of the Mark is the story of Meg who moves to Ireland and begins a new school. From the first day she feels drawn to the mysterious Adam DeRis. However Meg eventually learns that her attraction to Adam is a part of something bigger than she could of ever imagined.

I really enjoyed Carrier of the Mark and finished it in one sitting. Meg's life is already drastically changing when she moves to a new country and begins a new school. However her life only keeps on changing when she meets Adam. The relationship between Meg and Adam develops a bit quickly which made it not seem very realistic. Although, the chemistry is strongly evident from the first moment they see each other.

There were several side characters that I immediately loved. Two of my favorites were Caitlin and Jennifer who quickly become Meg's friends. I especially loved the friendship that they share. Then there are Adam's siblings, Aine and Rian. I really enjoyed learning more about Adam and his family. I also loved the friendship that Meg develops with Aine.

The plot is paced well and it only took a couple of pages for me to get hooked. One of my favorite aspects of the story was the setting in Ireland. Fallon really brings the setting to life and at times I felt like I was walking right alongside Meg. A majority of Carrier of the Mark is used to build much of the background information for this series but I didn't mind it all because it was interesting. I loved the mythology that Fallon uses because it was different from what I have encountered in previous books before. It did get a bit confusing at times though and I was forced to go back and reread a couple of pages. I also still have plenty of questions left but I'm sure the next book will answer some of those. The exciting ending was definitely my favorite part and I will be looking forward to reading the next book in this series. I recommend Carrier of the Mark, it is an interesting and romantic story.

My Rating:
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised I haven't heard of this one! The cover is beautiful! I appreciate your enthusiastic review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did really enjoy this book but with the author's latest scandal on Goodreads I'm sure many people are going to ignore this series now. It is a shame because I do like this series and hope to continue with it.

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrier of the Mark was an amazing read I absolutely loved everything about it. The setting was perfect in Ireland and we even get to learn a few Irish words which was fun, even though I probably didn't say some names right lol. Megan was a cool girl, normal and easy to relate to but I totally loved Caitlin. Not only did she have my name but she was basically just like me. Oh how I loved Adam. He was so mysterious and tried everything in his power to stay away from Megan but obviously these two were meant to be together so their fast romance was actually sweet and cute. The story was so well paced and the action was great. Sometimes the mythology was a mouthful but I eventually got what everyone was saying. I am definitely looking forward to where Leigh Fallon is taking this amazing series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitlin, I completely agree I will definitely be looking forward to the next book and where Fallon will take this story next!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)