Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Bloodrose (Nightshade #3)
By: Andrea Cremer
Released: January 3, 2012
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"The Ultimate Sacrifice. Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her, there’s more at stake than fighting. There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath. There’s keeping Ansel safe, even if he’s been branded a traitor. There’s proving herself as the pack’s alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers’ magic once and for all. And then there’s deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Andrea Cremer's Bloodrose is the final book in the Nightshade Trilogy. The final battle is coming and Calla is ready to defeat the Keepers once and for all. In order to defeat the Keepers though, Calla must keep Shay and Ren from killing each other. Then if she does survive the battle, she must finally make her choice between Shay and Ren.

I loved Bloodrose and was happy with how this trilogy ended. Calla is one of my favorite female protagonists of all time. From the beginning of this trilogy she has been a tough and strong alpha. Its clear in Bloodrose just how much she has grown. However, she continues to do anything for her pack. I also loved the side characters Bryn and Ansel. They have both been my favorites since Nightshade.

Then there is the love triangle between Calla, Shay, and Ren. Calla must choose one to be her mate however she loves both deeply but differently. Shay is the one that she was never meant to be with from the beginning because Ren was her arranged mate. I'm not usually a big fan of drawn out love triangles but this was one of the few exceptions where I could understand why it was so hard for Calla to choose. Although I admit I'm completely team Ren and have been from the beginning. Which was why I was definitely happy to see much more of Ren in this book than there was in Wolfsbane.

I tried putting off reading Bloodrose for as long as possible because I didn't want to say goodbye to this trilogy yet. I caved though after only a few days because I just had to know how it would end. I finished Bloodrose rather quickly because I couldn't put it down if I tried. This book was definitely an emotional roller coaster for me and that's why I love the series so much. The twists are never what I ever expected to happen. I also admit I cried through the last couple of chapters. As sad as I am to see the trilogy end, I'm pleased with how it ended and all of my lingering questions were answered. I truly enjoyed following this series from the beginning and I loved the world, the characters, and the mythology that Cremer created. I will definitely be looking forward to what Cremer will be writing next. I strongly recommend Bloodrose, as well as the entire Nightshade trilogy.

My Rating:

5 comments:

  1. I just bought this one a few days ago! I haven't read it yet though. I hate reading last books in series because they always make me nervous about how everything will end. I'll definitely try to read it soon though, awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know exactly what you mean I always try to put off reading the final book in a series but I eventually cave in after a few days.

      Delete
  2. So glad you enjoyed it. I loved it too. (My review went up on my blog today) I think the story ended really well. I am sad that it's over, but pleased with how Andrea Cremer concluded it. I heard that she is doing a spin off series. The first one is Rift. They are listed on Goodreads under her books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, THIS is the cause for the Team Ren vs. Team Shay buttons I've seen on a few blogs! Good to know :)


    I was actually hoping some other bloggers would be able to help me develop my TBR list by sharing their faves. If you'd like to contribute visit me here Glitter Lit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was first drawn to the Nightshade series by the cover art, and of course the fact that there are werewolves involved. I love how this series puts a new spin on what exactly werewolves are, and reiterates how deeply the bonds of wolves go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)