Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #29: Underworld


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Underworld (Abandon Trilogy #2)
By: Meg Cabot
Release Date: May 28

"Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back. Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead. Not this time. But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey. Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves. But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies. And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed Abandon and I am looking forward to where the story will go next.


*Also don't forget to enter to win an ARC of A Million Suns by Beth Revis and poster

18 comments:

  1. lovely, my lovely Meg Cabot! i love her books! i actually havent read the first book of this series, but i DO want to get to it!! Great and lovely and perfect choice!!

    Farah @ Maji Bookshelf
    here is our WOW: http://majibookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I'm interested to see what Meg does with the rest of this series since I loved Abandoned!

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not a fan of Cabot and Abandon didnt do it for me. Yet Im glad you liked them! =D yay!!


    MY WOW!

    Happy reading!
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Abandoned yet but any book with allusions to popular myths always get my blood pumping. Thanks for sharing, Traci! :)

    Hope you can visit my WoW post, too:

    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/waiting-on-wednesday-9-2/

    - Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read any books by Meg Cabot, but have been wanting to read Abandon for a while now. Good choice!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* It sounds great, but Abandoned really disappointed me. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this one and that totally breaks my heart because I love books that have to do with the Underworld.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Abandon, but this sounds good.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the first one yet but I love Meg Cabot!

    Visit My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Abandon yet but I heard it's mythology theme just like The Goddess Test? I'd better bump it on my list and read it before this one comes out!

    Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read this series yet but I adore Meg Cabot and her books so I'm sure it's going to be great! :)


    Here's my WoW post for this week. :)

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Abandon yet but I really want to! It sounds so good. :) The cover for this one is gorgeous. Great pick!

    Pam | jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still haven't read Abandoned. I really have been wanting to though. I really love the cover of this book. Thank you for stopping my my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read Abandon but I love both of the covers so far in this series! New follower - feel free to swing by my blog My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't really read much Meg Cabot, her books didn't really jump out at me, but this sounds really interesting. A lot different from her other ones. I should look into this series. Thanks for letting me know about it!

    Andrea
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uh, whoa. High five for picking the same book this week. I love Meg Cabot! <3

    Sophia
    My WoW :)
    The Book Basement

    ReplyDelete
  17. This cover is so pretty! I really want to read Abandon.
    My WoW

    I'm new to book blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)