Thursday, December 1, 2011

Remembrance by Michelle Madow

Remembrance
By: Michelle Madow
Released: July 27, 2011
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"New Hampshire high school junior Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet. Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she seem to get him out of her mind? Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, the pair of them soon find that fighting fate isn't going to be easy." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Michelle Madow's Remembrance is the story of Lizzie who immediately feels a connection with the new boy in school, Drew. Lizzie can't shake the feeling that she has met Drew before though. However, Drew wants nothing to do with her and she has her own boyfriend who she should be spending her time with.

Remembrance is a captivating romance that I read in one sitting. Lizzie is a character that I instantly could relate to. She is living a comfortable life but then her boyfriend begins to get an ego and she can't stop thinking about the new boy Drew. I found myself fiercely cheering on Lizzie and Drew immediately. I especially enjoyed when she finally stood up for herself. The chemistry between Drew and Lizzie is evident from the moment they first meet and their relationship doesn't feel rushed.

I immediately knew I had to read Remembrance when I heard that it was inspired by Taylor Swift's Love Story music video. I like the interesting twist that Madow put on the story from the video and I was pleasantly surprised. The plot moves along smoothly and there are a few unexpected twists. I loved the flashbacks to Lizzie and Drew's past lives but I do wish there were more. I especially enjoyed the ending and although it doesn't leave on a cliffhanger, I am anxiously anticipating the next book. I recommend Remembrance it is an enjoyable and romantic story.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Remembrance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can i read remembrance online? if it is not on there can you plz plz put the book on ur website i really really want to read this book. I feel like dying if i cant read this book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)