Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Recap of Clockwork Prince Release Party


For those who don't know I am a huge Infernal Devices and Mortal Instruments fan which is why I was super excited to go to the release party/signing on December 6.

The event was pretty packed and began with a very special appearance by Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl and voice of audiobooks for City of Fallen Angels and Clockwork Prince). Ed talked briefly about recording the books in the studio and then introduced Cassandra Clare.

Cassandra came on stage where she read a bit from Clockwork Prince and then attempted to throw Clockwork Prince t-shirts into the audience but that didn't go to well. The Q & A began next and she answered questions about the series, movie, and writing. Cassandra discussed how she came up with the ideas for both City of Bones and Clockwork Angel. She found her inspiration for City of Bones while visiting a friend who owns a tattoo shop in NYC and also does rune tattoos. She spent two years thinking about ideas though. She was inspired to write Clockwork Angel after a trip to London. Another question was, which character Cassandra would like to be trapped with in an elevator? Cassandra replied with a hilarious story of a time she got trapped in an elevator and then chose Magnus as the character she would like to be trapped with because he could probably use magic to get her out. Someone also brought up the cannibal ducks and Cassandra told a hilarious story about the true story of the cannibal ducks. 

Cassandra briefly discussed The Mortal Instruments movie and said that the script has now been rewritten. The previous script was not very close to the book but now the new script is much closer to the book and even includes direct quotes. The last question of the night was, out of Jem, Will, and Tessa who would she shag, marry, or toss of a cliff? Her answer was that she would have to toss Tessa off the cliff, marry Jem because he is marriage material, and shag Will.

Next was the signing, Cassandra is so sweet in person and took her time speaking to every individual. As she was signing my book I told her how The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices are my top favorite book series and she asked me who my favorite characters were. I replied that I love Jace from The Mortal Instruments and I am a fan of Tessa from The Infernal Devices. She then asked whether I was team Will or Jem and when I replied that I was team Will, she laughed because I chose the bad boy again. She suggested that I should convert to team Jem though because he is a much sweeter boy.

Overall, I had a great time at the event and so far I am loving Clockwork Prince so expect my review to be up very soon!

5 comments:

  1. Totally squeeing while reading this post! thanks for sharing! it comes with envy lol I really wish I was there to see Cassie and Ed! I looove Ed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh I love this post. I met Cassie about a month ago and she is amazing. I have to say, I am definitely team Jem. :) The bad boy thing is hot, but the nice guy is just heart melting. (and he's hot too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, thanks for the recap! I would have LOVED to meet Cassie; she seems like such a nice person. Hm. I wonder if she meant something more important when she suggested switching to Team Jem? Or maybe I'm overthinking. Like usual. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy it is a tough decision I love Jem and all but theres just something about the bad boy.

    Sophia hah no I wondered the same thing. She mentioned it a couple of times that Jem is marriage material. Maybe I am overthinking it too but we'll just have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she would actually toss one of her characters off a cliff!!! xD Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)