Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Million Suns by Beth Revis

A Million Suns
By: Beth Revis
Release Date: January 10, 2012
Source: ARC from NYCC
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*An advanced reader's copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"Godspeed was fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos. It's been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. And everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. But there may just be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to enact his vision - no more Phydus, no more lies. But when Elder discovers shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart. In book two of the Across the Universe trilogy, New York Times bestselling author Beth Revis mesmerizes us again with a brilliantly crafted mystery filled with action, suspense, romance, and deep philosophical questions. And this time it all builds to one mind-bending conclusion: They have to get off this ship." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Beth Revis' A Million Suns is the sequel to Across the Universe and picks up three months later. The ship is in complete chaos and Amy still doesn't fit in amongst the passengers. Elder is now leader and has taken everyone off of Phydus. However, Elder learns more secrets about the ship that past leaders have been hiding for decades.

I loved A Million Suns even more than I loved Across the Universe. I loved Across the Universe and Revis wrote a sequel that does more than live up to my expectations. I never wanted this book to end. The characters, especially Amy and Elder, are much more deeply developed. Amy grows a great deal over the course of the story and becomes much stronger. Her life is in danger now that the ship is off Phydus. However, Amy doesn't let this stop her and she refuses to stay hidden away in her room. I admire Amy because she is in a completely different world from the one she has grown up in but she doesn't give up.

Elder grows a great deal over the course of this book as well now that he has the tough responsibilities of being a leader. He must make the decisions that are best for the passengers on the ship. However, he is also learning that the past leaders have been keeping even more secrets than he imagined. It is interesting how different everything is on the ship now that Elder is leader. Another great aspect of A Million Suns that I enjoyed is learning a bit more about Elder's past and what it was like growing up on the ship. The relationship between Amy and Elder continues to realistically and slowly develop as well.

I finished A Million Suns in one day because I did not want to put this book down for even a minute. The fascinating plot picks up immediately on the first page and doesn't slow down once. There are so many unexpected twists throughout the book. Revis does an excellent job once again with surprising me right when I think I have it all figured out. The mystery that Amy and Elder must solve this time is not only affecting the people who are frozen but everyone on the entire ship. I already loved the setting of the ship from Across the Universe so, I enjoyed that in A Million Suns I learned even more about the ship and its history. The ending leaves on a pretty huge cliffhanger but I still loved it because it is setting up for the final book in the trilogy, Shades of Earth. I will be anxiously awaiting for the final book but while I do wait, I will definitely be rereading Across the Universe and A Million Suns several more times. I loved absolutely everything about A Million Suns and I don't think it is possible for me to rave about this book enough. I strongly recommend A Million Suns, it is an exciting and mysterious book that you will have trouble putting down.

My Rating:

5 comments:

  1. i have got to read this series..if I get a B&N gift card for xmas, i am picking them both up...thanks for reminding me why i wanted to read them..great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can. Not. Wait.

    Better than AtU? Now I'm REALLY excited. Not looking forward to the cliffhanger though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to read this now! Great review. I really enjoyed Across the Universe, this book is definitely next on my list to read! Glad to hear you loved it!

    Andrea
    Cozy Up With A Good Read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Review, It really made me want to read it now. Can't wait. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strangely I liked Across the Universe better than A Million Suns. Something about Amy I think, still trying to formulate my thoughts.

    great review! Good to get another perspective!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)