Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith

Kiss Crush Collide
By: Christina Meredith
Released: December 27, 2011
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Leah has the life most high school girls would kill for—popularity, glowing grades, a rich, athletic boyfriend. So why does she feel like she can’t breathe? And why can’t she stop thinking about the boy from the country club? The one who isn’t her boyfriend, the one that her mother would never, ever approve of, the one that her perfect older sisters would never, ever look at twice. The one who is always looking back at her. Irresistible attraction, smoldering glances, the bad boy and the good girl—Kiss Crush Collide has everything that a steamy forbidden romance should, and then some." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Christina Meredith's Kiss Crush Collide is the story of Leah who is living a somewhat perfect life. She gets good grades and has the perfect athletic boyfriend. Leah isn't happy though because she is living the life that her two older sisters have already lived. Everything changes the night she meets Porter at the country club. Porter is everything that her mother and sisters disapprove of but Leah can't stop thinking about him.
  
I liked Kiss Crush Collide and read the book in one sitting. Leah is living a perfect life that her mother and sisters have planned out for her. I felt a bit bad for Leah because she doesn't have much say in what she wants for herself. I was also somewhat terrified of her intimidating mother and sisters, Freddie and Yorke. I enjoyed finally seeing Leah slowly change and break away from the mold of the perfect daughter and sister.

I really disliked Leah's boyfriend Shane. He was way too grabby with her throughout the book. I didn't initially like the character Valerie, who is working hard to become better than Leah at school. However, towards the end she definitely grew on me. Porter was an interesting character but I wish I could have learned more about him. He works at the country club and that is where he first meets Leah. Porter and Leah can't seem to stay away from one another and continue to meet in secret. I wish I could have read some more about them spending time getting to know each other though.

The plot moves quickly and held my attention which is why I finished this book so fast. The relationship between Leah and Porter didn't feel fake but it did feel a bit rushed to me. The ending closes up the storyline but I was left with wanting more still. Besides wishing for some more character development, I liked Kiss Crush Collide.   


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)