Friday, December 2, 2011

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Catching Jordan
By: Miranda Kenneally
Released: December 1, 2011
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Miranda Kenneally's Catching Jordan is the story of Jordan who is the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. Jordan loves football and is working hard to get a scholarship to a college to play football. The guys on the team treat Jordan as if she were one of the guys but that all begins to change when a new boy moves to town.

I loved Catching Jordan and finished this book in a day. The character Jordan is tough, determined, and funny. She is struggling to prove that she can play football to her father and her dream college. She is also struggling with the feelings she is developing for the new boy in town who threatens to take her position on the team. Jordan develops a great deal through the course of the story though. I could strongly relate to her because I also love to watch and play football.
  
Catching Jordan is filled with so many great characters. One relationship that I particularly enjoyed was the one Jordan shares with her older brother Mike. Mike supports his little sister's dreams and is there for her when she needs him. I also loved the friendship and loyalty that Jordan shares with her teammates Sam Henry, JJ, and Carter. The friendship they share is sweet and funny. The team is like a family to her and they all have one anothers back. I especially loved Sam Henry who has been best friends with Jordan since they were little kids. 

Catching Jordan is not all about football but also tackles many other realistic issues. Once I started reading, I was reluctant to put this book down for even a second. This story had me laughing out loud at moments but I also felt my heart breaking for Jordan at other moments. I will definitely be rereading this book again sometime soon. I can't recommend Catching Jordan enough, it is a fun, sweet, and realistic story.


My Rating:

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book as well. Such a fun, quick read! Sam Henry is AWESOME. I really hope the characters from this book pop up in next year's companion novel!

    Great review! Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would love if Sam and Jordan pop up in the companion. I desperately want more of their story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so close to buying this book yesterday. I really wish I did because all I see are reviews about this book all over the place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)