Monday, November 28, 2011

Dark Seeker by Taryn Browning

Dark Seeker
By: Taryn Browning
Released: September 27, 2011
Source: E-book from Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

"For 17-year-old Seeker, Janie Grey, ridding the Baltimore streets of the undead is an inherited duty passed down from her Cherokee ancestors. Seeker Training Lesson #1: Never trust the undead. After her father’s tragic death, Janie creates her own life lesson: Love isn’t worth the risk. Both lessons are easy to follow until she encounters the flawed Kai Sterdam. At first, she believes he is the hybrid she is trained to hunt. But, when he has human traits, she determines she doesn’t know what he is. As Janie’s intrigue over who Kai is pushes her deeper into his mysterious past, she discovers a shocking truth that is even more harrowing than the evil they are up against. It’s a secret Kai wants to keep hidden, especially from Janie." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Taryn Browning's Dark Seeker is the story of Janie who is a seeker trained to kill the undead. However, when Janie encounters Kai, she isn't sure what to do. At first she believes he is like the undead she is supposed to kill but, as she gets to know him better she learns that he has human traits as well.

Dark Seeker is an action packed story that I didn't want to put down. Janie is just an all around awesome protagonist. Janie takes care of herself and doesn't depend on others. She is strong, tough, and funny. Janie is also selfless and will protect the people she cares about. She has easily become one of my new favorite female protagonists.

Then there is Kai who I instantly fell in love with. Kai is a mystery at first but I really enjoy how his character develops. He is tough but still has a sweet side to him. The chemistry between Janie and Kai is evident from the first encounter they have and I love how their relationship grows.

Browning creates an interesting and exciting world that I became instantly captivated by. The plot moves fast but held my attention the entire time even though the ending was a bit predictable. I really enjoyed going on this thrilling adventure with Janie and I can't wait to see where Browning will take this story next. I highly recommend Dark Seeker, it has a great balance of action and romance.


My Rating:

3 comments:

  1. This one looks really good, I'll have to check it out sometime! Thanks for the review :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked this book I just won a copy and I'm very excited toread it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good action packed novel..thanks for sharing this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)