Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cicada by Belle Whittington

Cicada
By: Belle Whittington
Released: July 14, 2011
Source: Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Summertime had always been carefree and fun for Blair Reynolds and her friends--until they came upon something that was not human. As the group of friends band together in a fight for their lives, Blair's true love becomes something more than human...something unnatural. And their existence relies on their ability to keep a secret." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Belle Whittington's Cicada is the story of Blair and her group of best friends who discover something one summer night that isn't human. Blair and her friends become involved in a dangerous mystery that they must keep a secret in order to survive.

Cicada is a mysterious and captivating story that I read in just a couple of hours. Blair is an interesting protagonist who hangs out with her older brother and friends. She is tough and will do anything for the people that she loves. I enjoyed the friendship that Blair shared with her brother, Andrew, and her friends. I especially loved the relationship that Blair shared with Everett, the sweet yet geeky guy who is fascinated by bugs.

Cicada instantly captured my attention and this book was not what I was expecting but in a good way. The interesting and at times creepy plot flows smoothly from beginning to end with a few unexpected twists. Part of the mystery slowly unravels as the story progresses but some aspects of the story and some of the characters are still a mystery. I still have so many questions left which is why I am definitely looking forward to the next book. Cicada is an interesting and exciting mystery that I strongly recommend.

My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I love reading a good mystery and Blair sounds like my kind of character. This one sounds phenomenal!

    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really do appreciate every single comment. :)