Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #21: Goddess Interrupted

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases

Goddess Interrupted
By: Aimee Carter
Release Date: March 27, 2012

"Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it. Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future. Henry’s first wife, Persephone." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I am looking forward to Goddess Interrupted because I enjoyed the previous book in this series, The Goddess Test and I am curious to find out where the story will go next.


*Also enter to win a signed ARC of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
or enter to win a signed ARC of Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

22 comments:

  1. Goddess Interrupted! Wonderful pick =)

    MY W.O.W:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday29_26.html

    -Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

    PS. I have a giveaway for a copy of Destined by PC and Kristin Cast over at the blog, check it out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this. Godesses are kind of new territory aren't they ? If I ever see this in the library I might scoop it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta start keeping a list for ones like this. Good pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting on this one, too! :D And the cover is gorgeous!

    Here's my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm coming across so many reminders of first books in a series I still have to read today :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I have The Goddess Test on my shelf but I haven't got to reading it yet.

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cover! But I haven't read the first book yet. Good pick. :)

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved The Goddess Test and can't wait for Goddess Interrupted!

    Great pick,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this cover, here's mine http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm waiting for this one too, I liked The Goddess Test a lot and really want to see where Kate and Henry end up! I don't know why, but I didn't realize it was so far away. :(

    Cait's WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover is awesome. This sounds a lot better than the first book. Looking forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been intrigued by this series. Here's my WOW of the week - Miranda Kenneally's CATCHING JORDAN:

    http://hilarywgraham.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/waiting-on-wednesday-catching-jordan-by-miranda-kineally/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goddess Test is on my wish list! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a sequel I'm excited for too! I liked the first one, so I'm excited to see where this book takes the series!

    My WoW at Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still have yet to read the Goddess Test. I should before this one comes out.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds good, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've seen this book a few times. Nice cover. The story sounds interesting. Great pick! Thank you for sharing.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely cover! need to read book 1 still!

    I follow you! here's my WOW post, I hope you'll stop by and follow me if you haven't already, and let me know what you think of mine!!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/wow-masque-of-red-death.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm wary about continuing the series, but the cover kind of basically sort of... hooked me. Despite the fact that I wasn't too keen on the first one. Hopefully it's wonderful!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't read the first book in this series, but I really want to! It looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is one great cover, I have to read the first book first, but great pick. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pick! I haven't read The Goddess Test, but I've seen a lot of good reviews. Both covers look really gorgeous!

    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)