Sunday, October 16, 2011

NYCC Recap


I attended New York Comic Con this weekend and I thought I would share my recap with you because much of it is book related. It is the best place for a geek like me to spend her entire weekend. I got so many great books and some other goodies. Some publishing companies such as Penguin, Harper, Harlequin, Simon and Schuster, and Hachette had booths set up.


(Zombies, Fallen Angels, and Other Paranormals Panel)

 On Friday, I attended a Zombies, Fallen Angels, and other Paranormals panel with debut Young Adult authors, Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me) and Veronica Rossi (Under the Never Sky). The panel was great and Tahereh Mafi and Veronica both discussed their books and their characters. After the panel both authors, who are very sweet in person, signed ARCS of Shatter Me and Under the Never Sky at the Harper Collins booth. 


The Penguin booth was my favorite because every hour they would give out a galley. On Friday, I also met Scott Westerfield which was exciting. On Saturday, I stopped by the several book booths again and also the Sea Lion Books booth where I picked up copies of The Dark Swan comics. While I was talking about how excited I was for the Hush, Hush graphic novel due out in November, I was shown a sneak peak at some of the pages and it looks so great!  On Sunday, I stopped by all of the book booths again to purchase quite a lot of books and was even lucky enough to find some signed editions too. Besides the books, there were so many other great things going on such as the Avengers panel which was definitely one of the highlights of the weekend. Overall, I had an amazing weekend and thank you to all of the amazing booths for giving away so many great things, especially Penguin! 





5 comments:

  1. Wow, there is some great stuff there! Must have been a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you had such an amazing time! That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have been there! I would have loved to see Tahereh Mafi! She's amazing! And wow that is a lot of stuff to giveaway! :) I SEE SHATTER ME! I want to read that one so so so bad! D:

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so nice to meet you at NYC Comic Con. So glad that you enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you lucky girl! I'd love to go to one of these. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot, looks like you got a great amount of good stuff! I went to SDCC this summer and came back with my own little haul. I'm jealous you snagged Under the Never Sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)