Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed
By: Ally Condie
Release Date: November 1, 2011
Source: ARC won from
claire-legrand.com
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake. Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever." (summary from goodreads.com)

Ally Condie's Crossed is the sequel to Matched and picks up after some time has passed. Cassia is searching the Outer Provinces for Ky who was taken by the Society. Ky has escaped though and Cassia must follow the clues he's left behind.

Crossed is an exciting and captivating sequel to Matched. Cassia continues to grow and develop as well as become smarter and tougher. I enjoyed that the chapters alternated between Cassia and Ky. I was especially happy to see much more Ky because I am completely on team Ky. I liked learning more about Ky's back story and his family. I also especially enjoyed the new characters Indie, Vick, and Eli. I did, however, find myself missing Xander a bit and disappointed that he wasn't in the story more.

The opening chapter of Crossed captured my attention immediately. Condie's writing is beautiful once again and I loved the poetry. One of my favorite aspects was learning more of the interesting history about the Society and the Rising. It was interesting to learn more about the life outside of the Society. I also loved the ending although it leaves off on a bit of a cliffhanger and I am left with a couple of questions. I can't wait to find out what will happen next though. I recommend Crossed and if you have not read it yet, Matched as well.

My Rating:

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear Ky's POV--definitely something I'm looking forward to with this second book. It is disappointing, however, that Xander isn't in the book much. I would have liked to see his POV a bit as well...

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Matched! I don't know why I haven't picked it up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really hoping that we get Xander's POV in the next book. I am totally on team Xander.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)