Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #15: The Calling


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

The Calling
By: Kelley Armstrong
Release Date: April 2012

"Maya Delaney’s paw-print birthmark is the sign of what she truly is a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly anyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it’s only a matter of time before she’s able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents. Now, Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they’re kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I love this series and I can't wait to read The Calling, especially after the cliffhanger ending in The Gathering.


*Also don't forget to enter to win a copy of City of Bones signed by Cassandra Clare

16 comments:

  1. i haven't started this series, it looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read the first one in this series. It sounds so interesting. Aweswome pick =]
    Here is My WoW for this week. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Gathering and I can't wait for this one! Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited about this one I can hardly contain myself. Loved The Gathering and I agree the cliffhanger left me gasping and wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a really great book. Here's my WOW. I haven't read a book about a skinwalker in so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read anything by Kelley, surprisingly, but I really must remedey that - this sounds fab!!! GREAT WoW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks good!!

    Check out my WOW here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sooo excited for this one! Loved the first book. Great Choice!

    Here's ours:
    http://thestoryseekers.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-06.html#comments

    Alice @ The Story Seekers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the first one in this series, but I love the covers. Great pick!

    Stop by mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, yes! Loved The Gathering, Armstrong does so well with plotting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds intense, great cover!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good choice! I really like Kelley Armstrong's other books.
    My WoW is SWEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of this series, but it looks like a great read. I'll definitely be adding it to my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited about this one I can hardly contain myself. Loved The Gathering and I agree the cliffhanger left me gasping and wanting more!
    Sports Good

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still have to read The Gathering, but I loved Armstrong's Darkest Powers series :D Great WoW and here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved her Darkest powers series but I usually do not like spin -off's.I might pick this one up.

    Thanks for visiting!


    Krazzyme @Young Readers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)