Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #12: The Night Circus


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


The Night Circus
By: Erin Morgenstern
Release Date: September 13, 2011

"The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night. But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands. True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead." (summary from goodreads.com)

The Night Circus sounds like it will be a good read and I have heard many great things about this book.

15 comments:

  1. The buzz/reviews for The Night Circus have been amazing. I'm looking forward to getting my own copy of it soon. Excellent choice!

    Stephanie @ Poetry to Prose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally looking forward to this one as well! The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis is so intriguing!

    Here’s my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're going to be promoting this book like mad, heard it's one of the best books coming out this year, so I'm really looking forward to reading it. Great pick! :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great pick! I am looking forward to reading this,

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! I want this one now. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely looking forward to this one! I already have it on hold at the library.

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! We too have been dying to get our hands on this one good thing the wait is almost over!

    New follower...because we are all book geeks right?

    Check out what has us on pins & needles here!  And while your there don't forget to sign up for our upcoming Halloween event/Giveaway Hop! Or enter to win Sweetly by Jackson Pearce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a little bit of a departure for me, but I've heard such great buzz that it's definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heard great things about this one!

    Check out Em's WoW!
    Also check out the GREAT GIVEAWAYS we have going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waiting on this one, great choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey!! i follow your blog! :) Great pick!

    Hope you'll stop by my blog and let me know what you think of mine! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the sound of this book, great pick!

    My Wow

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read an article not too long ago on this book- how the author was rejected by 30 or 40+ publishers before finding someone who wanted it. I'm looking forward to reading it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can understand comparing a book to The Hunger Games for dystopian purposes, but comparing it to Harry Potter!? That is serious stuff. I hope this book lives up to its hype. It does look pretty incredible, especially the romance part between the magicians.
    -Jenna (new follower)
    Here's my WoW:
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-2-perfect.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)