Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

The Lying Game
By: Sara Shepard
Released: December 7, 2010
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"I had a life anyone would kill for. Then someone did. The worst part of being dead is that there’s nothing left to live for. No more kisses. No more secrets. No more gossip. It’s enough to kill a girl all over again. But I’m about to get something no one else does—an encore performance, thanks to Emma, the long-lost twin sister I never even got to meet. Now Emma’s desperate to know what happened to me. And the only way to figure it out is to be me—to slip into my old life and piece it all together. But can she laugh at inside jokes with my best friends? Convince my boyfriend she’s the girl he fell in love with? Pretend to be a happy, carefree daughter when she hugs my parents good night? And can she keep up the charade, even after she realizes my murderer is watching her every move?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Sara Shepard's The Lying Game is about long lost twin sisters, Emma and Sutton. Emma has grown up in foster care while Sutton was adopted by a wealthy family. When Emma goes to meet Sutton for the first time, Sutton has mysteriously disappeared and Emma somehow ends up pretending to be her sister.

The Lying Game is a suspenseful mystery that leaves you anxious to uncover the truth. I liked the protagonist Emma and how different she is from her sister. Emma is thrown into a crazy situation but she handles it the best she can. I sympathize for Emma because she wants to be a part of a family. I don't really like the real Sutton or her friends all that much but I do sympathize for Sutton and I am hoping to learn more about her in the future books that might persuade me to like her a bit more. One of my favorite characters is Ethan and I like how his relationship with Emma is developing. 

I really liked how the story was written and how it brings the reader even deeper into the mystery. The plot moves at a steady pace and the suspense left me on the edge of my seat. I finished the book fairly quick because I was desperate to find out who the killer was and what the real Sutton was doing before she died. I have so many questions still that I can't wait to start reading the sequel. I really enjoyed The Lying Game and definitely recommend it.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)