Friday, August 26, 2011

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines
By: Richelle Mead
Released: August 23, 2011
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning. Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Richelle Mead's Bloodlines is the first book in the new spinoff series of the Vampire Academy series. This time the story follows the alchemist Sydney as she is sent on a mission to help protect Jill, a Moroi princess after she is involved in an incident at the Court. Sydney poses as Jill's sister at a private school in California along with Jill's guardian, Eddie.  

I loved Bloodlines just as much as I loved the Vampire Academy series. Mead once again creates an exciting plot with strong characters. I was so excited to finally learn more about Sydney because she was a character who I always wanted to see more of. Sydney was raised to be an alchemist and I felt bad for her because she never had much say when it comes to her life. However, Sydney will always do what she has to do without complaint.

 I loved the return of many of the other characters from Vampire Academy such as Eddie, Jill, Adrian, and of course the few moments with Rose. I really enjoyed seeing more of Jill in Bloodlines because I always wanted to know more of her story as well. I also never really liked Adrian all that much in the Vampire Academy but, after reading Bloodlines I am definitely now a huge Adrian fan. I loved that I got a better understanding into his personality as well as actions and saw a different side to him at some moments.

The plot kept me on edge and just when I thought I had figured out what was going to happen there was a bit of a twist. I am so happy to have another book set in the Vampire Academy setting because it is one of my favorite series. I love how Bloodlines takes all of the elements I am familiar with from the previous books and puts a refreshing take on it as well as give a whole new perspective. I did not want to put this book down and I am already anticipating reading it all over again. I can not wait for the next installment, The Golden Lily. I highly recommend reading Bloodlines and if you have not already then definitely read the entire Vampire Academy series.

My Rating:



Enter to win a copy of Bloodlines in the August Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)