Saturday, July 9, 2011

Paradise by Jill S. Alexander

Paradise
By: Jill S. Alexander
Source: Purchased E-book
Released: July 5, 2011
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Paisley Tillery is the drummer for a country rock band. If they can make it to the stage at the Texapalooza music fest, then Paisley will be closer to her dream of a career in music and a ticket out of her small Texas town. Drumming and music are what Paisley has always wanted. Until the band gets a new lead singer, the boy from Paradise, Texas. With Paradise in her life, what Paisley wants, and what she needs, complicate her dreams coming true." (Summary by goodreads.com)

Jill S. Alexander's Paradise is about Paisley who is the drummer in a band that is practicing to perform at Texapalooza. Paisley dreams of becoming a drummer although it is not what her mother has planned out for her. The band first needs to find a lead singer and that is when they find Paradise.

Paradise is a well written story that I finished in a few short hours. Paisley is a relatable character who learns to eventually stand up for herself and her dreams. Cowboy Paradise is charming and has a unique talent that brings something different to the band. I also enjoyed the side characters as well such as Paisley's sister Lacey and band member Levi.

A great aspect of the story is reading the lyrics that are closely related to the situations the band members go through. I have heard much about this ending which is the reason I decided to read Paradise. The ending was shocking and not what I was expecting. I am still not entirely sure how I feel about it because I feel like the ending kind of came out of nowhere but I still enjoyed the story and going along on the band's journey.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)