Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Love Story
By: Jennifer Echols
Released: July 19, 2011
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"For Erin Blackwell, majoring in creative writing at the New York City college of her dreams is more than a chance to fulfill her ambitions--it's her ticket away from the tragic memories that shadow her family's racehorse farm in Kentucky. But when she refuses to major in business and take over the farm herself someday, her grandmother gives Erin's college tuition and promised inheritance to their maddeningly handsome stable boy, Hunter Allen. Now Erin has to win an internship and work late nights at a coffee shop to make her own dreams a reality. She should despise Hunter . . . so why does he sneak into her thoughts as the hero of her latest writing assignment? Then, on the day she's sharing that assignment with her class, Hunter walks in. He's joining her class. And after he reads about himself in her story, her private fantasies about him must be painfully clear. She only hopes to persuade him not to reveal her secret to everyone else. But Hunter devises his own creative revenge, writing sexy stories that drive the whole class wild with curiosity and fill Erin's heart with longing. Now she's not just imagining what might have been. She's writing a whole new ending for her romance with Hunter . . . except this story could come true." (summary from jennifer-echols.com)

Jennifer Echol's Love Story is the story of Erin who is attending college in New York City and is working hard to become a published author. Erin is from a wealthy family who owns a horse ranch but after she refuses to take over the family business she is cut off and her inheritance is given to the stable boy, Hunter. While writing a story in her creative writing class about the stable boy, Hunter surprisingly walks in and joins the class.

Love Story is the fourth book I have read by Jennifer Echols and I loved it. I finished the book in only a few hours after finding it impossible to put down once I started. Erin and Hunter have a complicated past but the chemistry between them is evident. I liked Erin because she is confidant and determined.

The plot moves right along and the characters are developed at a good pace. I enjoyed Erin's roommates as well as Hunter's friends. My favorite aspect of the book is that you read the stories that the characters were writing. I also loved reading about the horse ranch in Kentucky. Overall I really enjoyed Love Story and highly recommend it.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for a chance to read this book! It sounds sooo good! I didn't even realize that it had already come out on July 19th! I need to head down to the bookstore now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this story, and I breezed through it in a matter of hours. I read it on my nook, and I wasn't paying attention to the status bar on the bottom of my screen which told me my physical progress through the book. When I finished, I was shocked. Maybe perplexed is a better word. I kept clicking for the next page, but there was no next page. I checked to see if the whole thing was actually downloaded. It was. Then I realized that I'd actually reached the end of the book. The loose ends were mostly tied up. Those that weren't tied up had implications that they would be tied up soon, and the reader could mostly guess how.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)