Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls Book 3)
By: Maggie Stiefvater
Source: Purchased
Released: July 12, 2011
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"The conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy. In Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in." (Summary from maggiestiefvater.com)

Maggie Stiefvater's Forever is the final book in The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. Forever picks up after a few weeks have passed since Grace has turned into a werewolf and now the town is getting ready to hunt and kill all of the wolves.

I loved Forever and completely devoured the book in a few hours. I love that the narrators alternate between Grace, Sam, Cole, and Isabel. Just as in the previous books the narrator's alternate smoothly and naturally. Grace and Sam have had to face much in their relationship together but their love and devotion to one another only grows stronger. I felt that in Forever I saw much more of Isabel's character growth, especially in the end because it is her father who is leading the hunt on the wolves. I also saw a great deal of Cole's character development as he works to help Sam and the wolves.
The plot moves along at a steady pace but really picks up in the last few chapters. I loved the ending and I was very happy with the way Stiefvater closed up the trilogy. If you have not already then I strongly recommend reading The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy.  
My Rating:


  
Enter to win a copy of Forever Here

1 comment:

  1. I read Shiver but never really loved it enough to feel motivated to read the rest of this series...I've heard the second one is really good though so maybe I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)