Friday, July 8, 2011

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

The Day Before
By: Lisa Schroeder
Source: Purchased E-book
Released: June 28, 2011
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself. Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets. The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him. And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last." (summary from goodreads.com)

Lisa Schroeder's The Day Before is the story of Amber who wants to escape for one day to the beach. While at the beach she meets Cade who is also looking to escape for just one day. Together they spend a perfect day together before both of their lives change.

I loved The Day Before and finished it in just a few hours. It is written in beautiful lyrical verse and flows smoothly from page to page. I loved unraveling the mystery to both Amber and Cade as their day went on. Amber and Cade's relationship does not feel rushed even though they only have one day together.

Schroeder provides a vivid description of the beach and all of the places that Amber and Cade go which made me feel as though I was there as well. I found myself smiling at some parts and my heartbreaking at other parts. The Day Before is a short and powerful read that I strongly recommend.


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)