Friday, June 24, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss
By: Stephanie Perkins
Source: Purchased E-book
Released: December 2, 2010
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Stephanie Perkin's Anna and the French Kiss is about Anna who is sent to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school. Anna does not want to leave behind her life in Atlanta with her best friend, little brother, and possible boyfriend. However, while in Paris, Anna makes new friends including the gorgeous St. Clair who Anna begins to develop feelings for.

I absolutely loved Anna and the French Kiss and devoured it in one day. I loved the setting, the characters, and the plot. The characters are realistic and developed at a steady pace. Anna is a well written female protagonist who is quirky and has a great sense of humor. Anna still has her flaws but grows a great deal throughout the story. St. Clair is Anna's gorgeous English best friend who I felt myself developing a major crush on as well. The relationship between Anna and St. Clair is realistic and filled with many ups and downs. I liked that the relationship developed slowly and they are first each others best friend.

The plot flows effortlessly from page to page which makes it difficult to put the book down. Perkins describes the streets and buildings of Paris in such great detail that it made me feel as though I was actually walking the streets of Paris with Anna and her friends. This book is filled with so many sweet, funny, and heartbreaking moments that I already can't wait to reread it. I highly recommend Anna and the French Kiss, this story does not disappoint.

My Rating: 

1 comment:

  1. Perkins' writing style is free-flowing, nice, and true to the heart of a teenage girl.
    Anna is likable. Is she perfect? No, but she is imperfectly perfect. I want Anna as my best friend.
    The idea that home can be a PERSON, and not a place. I know this idea to be 100% true for my significant other is my "home", no matter where we may be.

    This book made me feel warm and fuzzy and just plain HAPPY. I smiled while I was reading this book - not (always) a giddy "hehehe - he's so cute" smile - but a genuine smile. That, above all, is what made me fall in love with Anna and the French Kiss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)