Monday, April 11, 2011

The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy

The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy
By: Leah Wilson, Carrie Ryan, Ned Vizzini, Lili Wilkinson, Blythe Woolston, Sara Darer Littman, Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Mary Borsellin, Sarah Rees Brennan, Terri Clark, Bree Despain, Adrienne Kress, Cara Lockwood, Elizabeth M. Rees
Source: Purchased E-book
Released: April 5, 2011
Purchase the Book: Amazon




"The Girl Who Was On Fire offers even more to think about for teen readers already engrossed by the Hunger Games. From the trilogy's darker themes of violence and social control to reality television, fashion, and weaponry, the collection's exploration of the Hunger Games by other YA writers reveals exactly how rich, and how perilous, protagonist Katniss’ world really is."(Summary from goodreads.com)

The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy is filled with essays from a variety of young adult authors that provide readers with even more insight into The Hunger Games trilogy. The essays address some of the darker themes such as the violence of the games, as well as lighter themes such as fashion. The essays give the reader new ways to think about certain scenes or characters from the series. It also connects the story to other books, which helps explain where Suzanne Collins found her inspiration.

I found each essay to be highly interesting and I found it difficult to choose a favorite because each one gave me a new way to think about a certain aspect of the book. The essays not only discussed the symbols and themes that were easy to find but, it also discusses the subtle moments and the hidden meanings. I have reread The Hunger Games trilogy a few times already but, there is so much that happens in these books that each time I reread them, I find something new that I had overlooked before. The Girl Who Was on Fire provided me with a completely new perspective on certain moments and even characters in the series that I had previously missed. I recommend The Girl Who Was on Fire to any Hunger Games fan because you are guaranteed to learn something new about an extraordinary series that you already love.


My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I really want to get it and it sounds good but i am only half way through the first book!I really enjoy the hunger games.I just wish suzanne would just write one more book. Im hooked on them. She is a fantastic author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)