Friday, January 14, 2011

Ascend by Amanda Hocking

Ascend
By: Amanda Hocking
Source: Bought E-book
Released: January 12, 2011
Purchase the Book: Amazon


"With a war looming on the horizon, Wendy’s fate seems sealed. But everything she sacrificed might be in vain if she can’t save the ones she loves. Her whole life has been leading up to this, and it’s all coming to an end." (Summary from amandahocking.blogspot.com)

Amanda Hocking's Ascend is the surprising finale to the Trylle Trilogy and picks up right where the previous book, Torn, left off. Wendy is preparing to take over as Queen for her ailing mother, which means that she will eventually be preparing for a war with her own father, King of the Vittra. She also has to worry about her arranged marriage to Tove, who she is not in love with.

I loved this whole original series, especially Ascend, which has become my favorite book in this trilogy. The plot picks up from the very beginning and flows right to the last page. Wendy has developed greatly over the course of these books and she has now become a selfless heroine. She is no longer running away, but facing her problems head on. I was thrilled to see the return of Loki because I especially enjoy the witty and funny banter between him and Wendy.

There is a great balance of action, romance, and drama. The ending was not what I expected at all, but that is what made me love it even more. All of the loose ends were tied up and I couldn't have thought of any better way for it to end. I am so happy that I accidently came across this series during the summer. I will definitely be rereading this entire trilogy again very soon. I highly recommend Ascend as well as the rest of the Trylle trilogy, it does not disappoint!

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Hello there, can you tell me who did Wendy chose in the end? I'm dying to know it but the book is still unavalaible in my country. By the way, I love your review :)

    Visit my blog, perisple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this series so much and I was so excited to hear they were going to be published. I've read almost every single one of Amanda Hocking's books and I've loved all of them! Great blog! New follower :)

    Allion
    www.imabibliophobic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)